"The Federal Buildings Initiative (FBI) is a voluntary program that helps facilitate energy efficiency retrofit projects in buildings owned or managed by the Government of Canada. Developed and administered by Natural Resources Canada's Office of Energy Efficiency, it enables federal organizations to implement these projects through third-party energy performance contracts without necessarily using their own capital funds.
The FBI offers the following set of services and products to help… simplify and remove much of the risk of implementing a retrofit project:
- Opportunity assessments and facilitation services to help federal organizations get retrofit projects off the ground;
- Advice and consultation on environmental assessments, project planning, tendering, awarding of contracts, staff training and project monitoring;
- Assistance in customizing the model performance contracting documents;
- An on-line list of pre-qualified energy service companies (ESCOs) that can bid on federal retrofit projects;
- Consultation with ESCOs and federal organizations on evolving policy and operational issues;
- Customized approaches to training and workshops through reliable industry contacts;
- Employee awareness, celebration and recognition opportunities through the FBI’s case studies, technical guides and the Heads Up Energy Efficiency online newsletter."
Read more about The Federal Buildings Initiative and associated services and products here.