Objectives of CNSC
• To create an action plan of establishing the Cooperative Networks for City Executives and Service providers;
• To build capacity in cities sustainable development by providing series and systematic training courses to relevant stakeholders to improve the professional knowledge, decision-making, marketing, finance essay and technical quality;
• To increase knowledge in the technology, knowledge and products by setting up a technology, knowledge and products sharing platform for future widely popularizing and transferring this database among APEC economies through various ways;
26. Under the pillar of Urbanization, we seek to identify new drivers of economic growth by pursuing urbanization and sustainable city development. We support APEC partnership initiatives on urbanization and undertake to establish a cooperative network of sustainable cities in APEC economies. We will organize forums, hold policy dialogues, and utilize international sister-cities programs to promote cooperation and share
experiences on urbanization and sustainable city development.
27. We will facilitate the use of existing resources for research and capacity building on urbanization. We encourage member economies to support urbanization cooperation and urbanization-related projects, including by making voluntary contributions to establish a sub-fund within the APEC framework.
28. We applaud progress made in the APEC Low Carbon Model Town Project and the promotion activities under it. We underscore the importance of eco-city and smart city cooperation programs, and undertake to explore pathways to green urbanization and sustainable city development.
THE 22nd APEC ECONOMIC LEADERS' DECLARATION
Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria for Accessing Three New ASF Sub-Fund
Highlighted in new Declarations
We commend the efforts of member economies in implementing the APEC Cooperation Initiative for Jointly Establishing an Asia-Pacific Urbanization Partnership.
–23rd APEC Leaders’ Declaration, Manila
We welcome efforts in implementing the APEC Cooperation Initiative or Jointly Establishing an AsiaPacific Urbanization Partnership.
–27th JMS, Manila Philippines
We encourage APSEC to continue its work in expanding sustainable city development across the region, cutting-edge clean energy technologies and other programs on energy resiliency.
–12th EMM, Cebu Declaration, Philippines
We instruct EWG to work with APSEC with the assistance of the LCMT-TF to undertake APEC Cooperation Initiative for Jointly Establishing an Asia-Pacific Urbanization Partnership endorsed by APEC Leaders in 2014.
–12th EMM, Cebu Declaration, Philippines Instructions from Ministers
27th JMS, Manila Philippines
• 137. We welcome efforts in implementing the APEC Cooperation Initiative for Jointly Establishing an Asia-Pacific Urbanization Partnership. We encourage relevant fora and sub-fora, including platforms like the Asia-Pacific Sustainable Energy Center (APSEC), to make contribution to the implementation process.
APSEC Workshop on Sustainable Cities
Establishment of the APEC Cooperative Network for Lowcarbon & Energy-efficient Cities
Establishment of the APEC Sustainable City Service Network
For detail information, please download: